Leaf River Telephone Company celebrated its 100th Anniversary in 2003
Leaf River Egan Mutual Telephone Company was founded in 1903 and was located on Main Street in downtown Leaf River, Illinois.
Charles E. Robinson purchased the company in 1954 and changed the name to Leaf River Valley Telephone Company. At that time, we serviced between two and three hundred subscribers, mostly on rural party lines.
From 1974 to 1975, an underground system was constructed, converting to one party line phone service.
In 1984, the company was renamed Leaf River Telephone Company and began using it’s current logo.
In 1990, a new digital switching system was installed; and we have been improving it ever since. Customers now have options for local phone, 911, long distance, custom calling features and Internet services.